Now,there’s been quite some buzz about the supposedly successor of Xbox 360,nicknamed “Xbox 720″. For years,there have been speculations about the next generation Xbox but nothing was confirmed by Microsoft. Instead,they kept on bringing changes to their Xbox 360 models and changing the way they look and how they function. The most recent update is, Xbox 360 Slim that comes in 4gb and 250gb. Microsoft also revealed their best-selling Xbox 360 component Kinect last year which was the “fastest selling consumer electronics device” and also holds a Guinness World record for it. As Of march 2011,Kinect has sold 10 million units. With all these changes,I certainly didn’t think that there would be a “Xbox 720″ anytime soon. When Nintendo unveiled Wii U (Wii 2),my thoughts changed.
Wii U’s Technical Specifications :
- CPU: IBM Power Architecture-based multi-core 45 nm microprocessor based on the POWER7 architecture found in the Watson Super Computer.
- GPU: Custom-designed AMD Radeon HD ,similar to the R770 chip.
- Internal flash memory, expandable via SD memory cards and USB hard disk drives
- Slot-loading optical disc drive compatible with 12 cm “proprietary high-density optical discs” (25 GB capacity) and 12 cm Wii optical discs
Ports and peripheral capabilities:
- SD memory card slot (supports SDHC cards)
- USB 2.0 ports (2 at front of console, 2 at rear)
- Sensor Bar power port
- “AV Multi Out” port
- HDMI 1.4 out port
- Built-in accelerometer, gyroscope, speakers, front-facing camera, sensor strip, microphone and a 6.2 inch (15.7 cm) 16:9 resistive touchscreen
- Two Circle Pads and one D-pad
- Select, Start, Home and Power buttons
- A/B/X/Y face buttons, L/R bumper buttons and ZL/ZR trigger buttons
- Controller sync button
- 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p or 480i, standard 4:3 and 16:9 anamorphic widescreen
- “AV Multi Out” port supporting composite video, YPBPR component video, S-Video (NTSC consoles only), RGB SCART (PAL consoles only) and D-Terminal (Japan only)
- HDMI 1.4 out port supporting stereoscopic 3D images.
- “AV Multi Out” port. Six-channel PCM linear output through HDMI
Whereas the New Xbox 360 S Specs are :
- Touch Sensitive Buttons – turn the Xbox 360 on or off and eject a disc with the swipe of a finger
- Whisper Quiet – Whether you’re playing a DVD disc or from the hard drive or navigating the dashboard, with the all-new and much quieter Xbox 360, the only noise you’ll hear is your own laughing, cheering and playing
- Wi-Fi – Built-in 802.11n Wi-Fi for fast, easy connection to your friends and entertainment on Xbox LIVE.
- Hard Drive – 250GB internal, swappable hard drive for even more storage. To access, remove the bottom panel by pushing the small tab toward the front of the console.
- Kinect-ready – Custom Kinect port on the back of the console that directly hooks up to the Kinect sensor for controller-free fun.
- USB Slots – Five USB ports, three in the back and two in the front.
- Power Supply – Smaller and more efficient. Xbox 360 250GB and Xbox 360 Original power supplies are not interchangeable.
- Wireless Controller – The award-winning Xbox 360 Wireless Controller matches the console in all black with color-matched thumbsticks and directional pad with a touch of gloss and chrome to complete the look.
- Backward Compatible – Your favorite accessories and games will work with Xbox 360 250GB. Xbox 360 external hard drives and Memory Units are not compatible.
For Wii U,Games are already in development and many known game publishers have stepped in to produce some quality products for Wii U. Keep in mind,what the Wii U can generate,with the amazing specs. To name a few publishers,THQ,Ubisoft,Activision,Codemasters,SEGA,Warner Bros.
Now,after the Wii U the Speculations about Xbox’s successor have been all over. Many game studios also feel that the current generation consoles(including ps3) should be updated with new,up-to date hardware so that they could produce games that could run amazingly on them.
I totally agree with the game studios. Its high time Microsoft starts working on Xbox’s successor. We Gamers want good games with amazing graphics and xbox 360 is definitely not giving us that. Some games run extremely poor on Xbox 360 compare to the PC. Such as Crysis,Crysis 2,Rage etc.
Lets hope Microsoft listens to it’s customers for once.
*HOT NEWS* New Xbox Confirmed for 2012,Codenamed “Project 10″ :
Some Amazing Xbox 720 Concepts :
Hope You Enjoyed what you saw, For more posts like these.
Please, Keep Checking out www.risensources.com Daily!
We Wont Disappoint You!